Household Concerns

wherein the mundane is rendered magical.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

You know what's expensive? Everything.



Oh my god Norway. On the speed boat yesterday Ian translated that the dude's announcement consisted of "concessions are in the back and remember you are in Norway so everything is very, very expensive."

We started out our day in Bergen with 3 pints of Carlsberg, which I bought. They came to the equivalent of almost $40.00. Oh. My. Freak. The next morning as we boogied to meet the speedboat and find delicious food beforehand, we headed down a cobbled sidestreet and came across this organic bakery. Reasonably priced and amazingly good sammiches--salami, garlic herb cheese, sprouts, red peppers, tomatoes, red onions--and coffee.

I have spent my time thus far feeling alternatively like I want to jump out a window because I am so overwrought about the situation with Dan (at the last minute he said that he would think things over for the next month but to not "get my hopes up too much," ugh) and very happy to be here. Today we are going on a low mountain hike to pick mushrooms and find wild fruit trees to make a pie.

It is beautiful here. Too bad I don't have more pics of where I am at the moment. Here, I will go outside and take a picture.


I like Emily a lot and everyone is hospitable. An old old friend from my long-ago Northland years is here and going through a similar experience as to mine with Dan, but add 10 years and a child to the mix. Ugh. I am smarting from the loss of promises with Dan (most likely), and how crazy and upended my life has become. On the upside: considering PhD programs at U of M.

Congratulations to Rick and Jan on their new grandparent status!!!!

3 Comments:

At 4:25 AM, Blogger elly said...

you're in fricking norway!! shut down the torment-machine. just look at the beauty! the buzullshuzit with dan is not worth the energy you could expend on enjoying the lovely f-jords instead. fug it.
ian needs a haircut. work on that? that's a problem worth solving.
glad you're liking it.

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Elka said...

Dude, I am getting my haircut right now.

(says Ian)

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Carla said...

oh man it's so beautiful.
and i second this:
the buzullshuzit with dan is not worth the energy you could expend on enjoying the lovely f-jords instead. fug it.

xxxxxxxxxxxxo
carla

 

Post a Comment

<< Home