Household Concerns

wherein the mundane is rendered magical.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

work work

Last night's plenary speaker told us that we have only 5 years to act before the effects of climate change become potentially overwhelming. Yay. Combine that with the entire staff in Leanne's and my room until midnight, a night spent half-sleeping due to low bloodsugars, eating mini candybars on the toilet and then trying to pick caramel out of my teeth so they don't rot further, the stupid newsletter not being printed at Kinko's this morning, hurried waking to fold late newsletters and hand them out to 800 conference participants, and a morning spent in conference sessions, and you have a rather depressed gal. Depressed from climate change and lack of sleep. Alas.

I will take a nap this afternoon and think good thoughts and hopefully dream of strachota and ozzie and fjords, and my escape from the pretty but task-heavy days of asilmoar. I am on work duty more or less from 8 a.m. to midnight while I'm here. Yuck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home