Sad, when old rockers bloat and freak out
The show tonight was poorly attended, and Jay Bennett seemed freaked and fat and sad. I hate to say it, but it's a little true. His voice is more raggedy than ever, and sigh, I wish that things were looking more up. This is an outsider's perspective though, and hopefully I'm wrong.

Death Ships were amazing though. Beautiful music, just great rocky pop music.

Here are some Rickshaw pictures, too.
Cameron in his awesome eBay-purchased Brewers hat. Wisconsin represent! He's wringing out gross bleachy dirty towels. What a trooper.

My view from the door.

Merry Flamingo Holidays!

Waldo working his magic.

And finally, one of the best pieces of street detritus I've seen in a long time. Observed outside of Rudy's Can't Fail after getting free coffee and biscotti from the counter boy who may/may not have crush on me.

3 Comments:
thank god you updated. i was getting worried.
may or may not = probably does, duh
It's a bummer the show was poorly attended!
I spent the last of my money/energy at the Dickens Fair earlier in the day. It was pretty fun! I think I will try to work there next year.
free coffee? nice!
I miss you!
Post a Comment
<< Home