bonna roo roo roo!!
oh wee. i cannot tell you how excited i am about this. it's a hippie festival of epic proportions! come june, peter and i will be out at bonnaroo, a green music festival in tennesee.
peter got v.i.p. tix for the week. he got me one for my birfday next month. it will be four days of sitting in chigger grass and drinking beers and showering in semi trailers! holy cow man, it will be like the winnipeg folk festival except with better music! rock!
the whole thing is held on a big old farm an hour outside of nashville.

peter is a big deep roots and reggae fan, among other fandom kingdoms he lives in (including heavy metal, old Joni Mitchell songs, random yacht rock, punk rock, and too many other genres to mention). hopefully there will be some good times deep roots bands for him.
The Roots will be there. But they don't really count. But still, the Roots!!! Yes!! I haven't seen them since Maritime Hall in SF.

Any festival with gigantic Mr. T puppets can't be overly hippified, right? Um, right? Shit man, I don't care. I am all over this, and I fully accept my hippie tendencies. I mean, sort of.

Yay for Wayne Coyne. Heard him on NPR this a.m. talking about how he was happy with his life even when he worked at Long John Silver's for 11 years. Yay yay yay.

And the Regina Spektor. Piano antics and self destruction with Marlboros and oranges.

Expect more updates in the coming months, as I get even further giddified.

4 Comments:
summertime in nashville. woo sweaty times. i dont think we can afford those tickets, otherwise we would love to spend four days not showering and eating warm cheeses with you two!
oh grrr. maybe if your new lottery habit pays off?
Do you Mary would let us do a Home Energy booth there?
perhaps, but would she also foot the plane tickets and entrance fees? if so, heck yeah. it would be much gooder times than burning man, if only because there's less sand. but that's just my preference....
Post a Comment
<< Home