Step it Up, Bitches!

All right my friends outside the Yay Area, it's time to join/start a climate change rally group. It's easy! Go to Step It Up's site and see if anyone's starting an action in your area, and if not, start your own.
ColdH20, your young hippie friends at my alma mater need to get their shit going on this. And Femme Feral, how's the Santa B doing? Rockslinga, is Ann Arbor on it?
Here's what it's about:
The Step It Up 2007 campaign is calling for people all across the U.S. to organize rallies in their communities on April 14, 2007, to demand action against climate change.
The goal is to have gatherings in all kinds of different places, in every state: outside churches, along shorelines and riverbanks, in cornfields, in forests, on statehouse steps, on the levees in New Orleans, on the melting glaciers of Mt. Rainier, even underwater on the endangered coral reefs off Key West. Altogether, these rallies will add up to the largest demonstration against climate change ever seen in the U.S.
Every group will be saying the same thing: Step it up, Congress! Enact immediate cuts in greenhouse-gas emissions, and pledge an 80 percent reduction by 2050. No half measures, no easy compromises. The time has come to take the real actions that can stabilize our climate.
Cuz, you know, we love the earf, and we all depend on it.
Project LoonWatch was my first introduction to wildlife conservation. I love me some loons.
And the northern forests with their bitching birches.

And the ocean, my new favorite ecosystem.

And all of the backyard beauties that depend on us not totally fucking up the earf's thermostat.

So my sweet ladies and gentlemen, get a step up and do as our fair California governor did: lead the way on climate change.
I can't believe I just said that about the Terminator, but it's true.

3 Comments:
OK, I'll do something. I just got back from a Green building symposium thing in Duluth, MN. Went to a presentation about Global Warming. Everything went well until the moron scientist made a gratuitous swipe at my friend Al Gore, not to be confused with my friend Al Franken. Fuck. But I did learn a lot about Green building techniques & alternative energy. We're probably going to do a geothermal heating system on a house we'll be building for a low or moderate income family. I'll keep you posted on the project(s).
IMMEDIATE UPDATE: Oh, I'll do it but I just bought a webcam so that I can communicate with the kid & the two cutest babies in the history of the world.
those babies _are_ freaking adorable. it is a little unbelievable how cute they are. those eyelashes!!
Post a Comment
<< Home