Household Concerns

wherein the mundane is rendered magical.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Ozzie Doppelganger, and Other News

Look at this dog.



Now look at this dog.



Do you think both of these dogs are Ozzie? I did at first, too, when I looked at Darren, Ozzie's dogwalker's photos.

I looked at them and thought, "When were these taken? Ozzie hasn't been buzzcut since last summer!"

She currently looks like this.


Which is to say, she looks like a freaky wolf of Isengard. She's going to get shaved again next Friday. It's sorely needed. She looks so awful. I needed these pictures from Darren to prove it.

Anyway, that other dog is named Maggie and she's awfully cute, too, and not just because she looks exactly like my dog.

Next weekend Peter and I are going to go backpacking with the Oz as a warm-up trip for the Grand Canyon. Then Ozzie will wear her backpack and carry her own food, and no leash, yeah!



Since the dogfood scare I've taken her completely off of processed dogfood. This morning I made up a batch of her food for the weekend, when we're down at Alisal with Peter's family. Her food consists of:

green lentils
rice
flaked salmon burgers
carrots
slab bacon

Man, she's a lucky dog. This morning, before 9:30 (I've gotten very productive since adapting to Peter's sleep patterns) I made dinner for myself tonight (wild rice with swiss chard and bacon, the bacon fat went in Ozzie's food), made lemon chamomile/peppermint tea to take to work, cleaned the kitchen, walked to dog, and made various health care industry-related appointments. Then I went to work. Good times! My neck hurts. I want a massage.