Household Concerns

wherein the mundane is rendered magical.

Monday, March 19, 2007

Who do You think Should Play?

Here are some of the bands I'm interested in trying to book for Ian and Emily's wedding. I am soliciting public opinion:

These guys are called Drakkar Sauna. They have tentatively agreed to play. They are from Lawrence. I love them. Elly thinks that because they have songs named things like "Mongrel of a Halfman Slave Bitch" they should not be included in a midwestern wedding. I disagree. These guys are the bomb. If you will look in the background, you will notice that David Lawrence, Split Lip Rayfield's banjo player, is sitting in with them. RIP Kirk Rundstrom (SLR frontman).




Lonesome Dan Kase and the Crush Collision Trio. Cute and white-bluesy and MPLS peops.




On a more traditional bluegrass note, we have Duluth band Trampled by Turtles.



or MPLS band P'ert near Sandstone, who've said they'll pencil us in, but they're recording an album around then, too.



Let me know what you think. I am, perhaps, unfairly biased towards the Drakkar Sauna.

3 Comments:

At 6:26 PM, Blogger coldH2O said...

Jesus, kid, just book Floydian Slip & get it over with.

 
At 6:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for doing this, Elka. I really do appreciate it. All are good choices. I vote againt Floydian Slip. I'll have to give my vote on the four options a little more thought.

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger coldH2O said...

Well,Ian, there goes your wedding present.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home