4th of July--the morning after
Woke up feeling groggy and confused, not hungover, just partyovered? Peter and I spent lots of time prepping for 4th of July festivities, and we had a great time hosting about 30 friends at his house. Peter totally killed the brisket--amazingly good. We've decided to fix it again for fewer people so we can get more than a taste. Also did beer-boiled and grilled brats, beer-in-the-rear chicken (it was very disturbing looking), and a ton of side dishes. Yum! The company was great, a mix of Peter's friends and my friends, and we rounded out the evening with about 20 folks watching a movie in the backyard. It was truly a lovely evening. Although Peter and I reminded each other to take photos, we of course did not. Sorry!
I'm taking it easy today, or as easy as I can, copyediting and sewing and gardening God, I'm so domestic, it's disgusting.
This photo isn't showing the skirt to its best advantage--it looks a little lumpy here, but in real life it isn't, I swear.

I used a Japanese upholstery fabric. It's about the same weight as denim. It's lovely.

Such a great pattern.

In other news, the bangs issue has been successfully resolved.

And finally, my toenail fell off. I only show you this because Elly refused to look at it yesterday and I'm hoping to catch her unawares.

3 Comments:
nice skirt, nice bangs, though toenail loss not as nice.
I think the new toenail is really nice!!! freshpinkstyle, indeed!
That was really me who made that comment above. Elka wouldn't sound like such a doofus.
Post a Comment
<< Home