Household Concerns

wherein the mundane is rendered magical.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Stealing Photos from Elly's Blog

I can't find the USB cord for Peter's camera, on which sits at least a dozen good pictures of Alaskan salmon fillets, half-eaten plates of food, close-ups of Fume Blanc glasses, and Peter making pained faces at the camera, so instead I am stealing photos from Elly's blog from the weekend.

Dad was out for a few days, which was awesome, save the night he spent at Peter's with food poisoning (not from Peter's cooking, but from his own the night before!) puking 8 times throughout the night. I got up at 2 and made him mint tea from peppermint in Peter's backyard. Peter was worried that he'd poisoned my father; my father was worried that Peter thought he was a terrible, puking houseguest (neither should have worried).

"Your father looks like he's only a few years older than me," Peter said. Not really, but still, it's a little weird, how young my dad looks as Elly and I continue to grow older. Only the backs of his ears seem old. He doesn't have any earlobes, so he doesn't have to worry about getting those age-revealing flabby earlobes!



We went up to some vineyards in Sonoma and I got drunk off of tasting wine. "Peter says you get drunk off of one sip of wine," Elly said. When did he tell her that? Dang.


This is my new favorite outfit: circus pendant, beloved dotted bandanna, Patagonia hemp pants, and black babydoll jumper dress. Hippie? Perhaps.


Maggie brought over amazing salmon she'd caught up north and as we waited for the grill to heat up we picked plums from Peter's backyard. Yum. Plum wine will be in the making soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home