Interlopers
While eating breakfast I looked into the dining room and saw a finch hopping across Ozzie's dog bed. Odd. Luckily I was able to shepherd it out before the Aussie shepherd noticed its presence.
And later this morning while watering the garden some dude half-hoisted himself over the fence in my backyard. After explaining to me that he was simply attempting to jump some fences and cross yards (of course, nothing sketchy about this, no potential for casing houses for robbery here!) I politely told him to get the eff out of my yard. He gave me a sour look and slithered down and disappeared.
It made me really mad. I'm going to hide my iBook before I leave. I often resort to hiding my laptop in weird places before leaving for trips. It makes me feel slightly better.
The neighborhood has been annoying as of late, which is the case for Oakland in the summertime. People just go crazy--start full-on turf wars while double dutching, shoot kids on doorsteps, set off firecrackers under people's cars.
This spring someone lit a truck on fire right in front of my house. That was cool. Karen and Thaddeus were robbed about a year ago. That was cool, too.
In general things are fine on my street, but I get really outraged when I think about the fact that some random asshole is trotting across my yard, probably stepping on tomato plants, while checking to see which windows don't have bars on them. Fuck that shit.
I'm going to leave a note for the neighbors to let them know that they might want to be on the watch, and probably inform Gisele, the wily middle-aged sexy wandering/wall-eyed French lesbian across the street as well. And Karen will read the news on here. Watch out for backyard jumpers, friends! They are on the loose in North Oakland!

3 Comments:
It's like the crack head banging on The Kid's front door last year. They called the cops, but apparently he's a harmless dick. It didn't seem so at the time. Stay safe, kiddo. Can't wait to see you guys at the wedding. If you want to see some neat pics of blooming water lilies on the Flambeau River, go to Shutterwi, it's on my links list at the blog. Just gorgeous.
Man, you're harsh. He was obviously just looking for a short cut to The Compound, or perhaps he had some linens that needed serviced?
good for you. He was so on a recon expedition. By the way, I always like your horsey tid bits. I actually have one to share back this time: I'm going to see the ponies run this week at Saratoga Park which should be supercool. I've never been to a track before.
Post a Comment
<< Home