Household Concerns

wherein the mundane is rendered magical.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

to p.g. or not to p.g.

I don't know why they use the p.g. anyway. it's not like those are the initials for pregnant or nothing.

I just found out that someone I adore is knocked up, and I'm soooooooo happy for her! She had been trying for months and now finally she's done it. Congratulations! Expect bad onesies like this one:


I don't know quite what I think about myself getting knocked up at this point. Last year I really really wanted to have a baby, and could not. And now I really have little interest in it. Perhaps this is in part influenced by watching Scrubs and the number of times that they mention pooping while giving birth, and I really don't like to think about pooping in front of anyone. This is of course a ridiculous reason, and of course it would not prevent me from getting pregnant.

The larger question I suppose is whether I feel ready to have a wee one in my life, and I just don't feel ready yet. I want to travel and write, and try to go to Hedgebrook next summer. Maybe after that. I also want to adopt. And also probably consult Dan about these matters as well. That is a necessity, I suppose.

But for now, congraulations Grumps. I'm dang proud of you!!

2 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger wendy-o williams said...

what about a fiber/enema bouquet?

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Elka said...

well, if you say so. that sounds like the cutting edge of bouquetness for this summer season.

work is dull.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home