Household Concerns

wherein the mundane is rendered magical.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The Magnificent Unicorn of North Oakland

Holy crap dude. As if to reward me for finally setting foot in the macrobiotic vegan restaurant on the corner, this fair gentleman saluted me as I walked in.



Lunch was good. Lentil soup with all sorts of veggies, then a macro plate with salad greens, some kind of millet/corn/squash stuffing, kale with grated beets, sauteed musrooms, carrots, and onions, and creamy garbanzos with basil (that last one was my least favorite).

I'm sure this unicorn has something to do with Burning Man.

Manzanita is a nice macrobiotic cafe. Pretty and clean and very Zen. A nice place to figure out your curriculum prompts.

Ozzie and I went back to take its picture this evening. Then she scarfed up some gutter chickenbones on the way back. Not very macrobiotic.

2 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, Blogger md said...

that last picture of ozzie and the unicorn is so cute!

 
At 4:07 AM, Blogger Tomas Morin said...

very cool unicorn. that thing is gigantic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home