Household Concerns

wherein the mundane is rendered magical.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Tonight: Excellent Discoveries

Last night I went out with Michele and Wendy to the Hemlock to see the Grates, a freaking adorable Australian band fronted by a lady with springs in her shoes. She did not stop jumping up and down the entire night. I was worried she would bang her pretty little head, but she did not. Fun times.

The Grates - Science is Golden


I wanted to eat her up. But even more, I wanted to eat up these little teen rockers. They are called Lou Lou and the Guitarfish.



Here are Lou Lou and George. They are siblings. How cute is that?


Here is one of my favorite stanzas from their lyrics page:

You know that stupid cryin' crap don't work
It just makes you look like a party-poopin' jerk
So learn to be witty, have charm and grace
or else you're gonna end up flat on your face.
~~~~

Words to live by, my friends. Words to live by.

I could not believe how much they freaking rocked. They did this crazy lead/rhythm/bass guitar trio of harmonies breakdown thingamabob in the middle of a few songs and it blew my head off. They were really talented high school studens. Michele told Wendy she should get them to play at her wedding. I agree. We also decided they must've graduated from the School of Rock because they rocked so hard.


I also love how alternateens are dressing and acting the exact same damn way in 2006 that I acted in 1990. Though with no flannel plaid shirts. Which is a good thing.

RogueReporter: We went to Grubstake for dinner and you MUST go. It's an old, old SF burger joint/Portuguese restaurant and it is yum-town. You would like it.

We also met up with the delightful Jessica of Pillows.

Her hair is longer than in this picture, but she is still just as purty. I found out we're kinda neighbors! She gave me a ride home and we discussed GRE studying. A perfect end to a lady rock evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home