Household Concerns

wherein the mundane is rendered magical.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Swank

My friend Michelle's new lady poetry site is officially up and gorgeous. Womb is just one of her latest and awesomest projects.


While waiting for Zachary's last night Peter and I dropped into the Ivy Room for a drink (sapphire martini with an extra olive for him, maker's manhattan for me). It is so super swank and I loved the new update. Sad about the loss of a music venue, but I put up with enough ho-hum live music at my own bar. Sometimes I'm happy to imbibe in a super well-decorated space pimped out in a gold, brown, and black color scheme. The drinks were reasonable and well mixed, by the way.


In a similar color scheme, and one of my favorite images to have stumbled upon as of late, comes from local indie kid Virgil Porter's website. Love this, and not just because I'm a peak-oil doomsdayer/pony lover. Well, okay fine, that's a large part of it.

1 Comments:

At 6:07 PM, Blogger femme feral said...

thank you, elka!

must.talk.soon.

xoxo michelle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home