Household Concerns

wherein the mundane is rendered magical.

Monday, January 01, 2007

Call and Response

Camerado, I give you my hand!
I give you my love more precious than money,
I give you myself before preaching or law;
Will you give me yourself? will you come travel with me?
Shall we stick by each other as long as we live?

from "Song of the Open Road"



Darling companion. We'll listen until it threatens and walls
fall to trumpet sounds or not and this true drug lifts us up.

from ghazal XXI



So much, so much: the unveiling of a true kindness; the layered depths; the somehow inexplicable perfection of serenity and electrical current. So much.

2 Comments:

At 6:49 AM, Blogger wendy-o williams said...

yay! pictures came thru, and other assorted niceties.

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Elka said...

grumps! my mom just emailed me saying that she's been doing postnatal care for A BABY THAT WEIGHED 11 POUND 11 OUNCES AT BIRTH.

That is frightening.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home