The Slack
I have been posting over on my livejournal, so it isn't quite true that I've been neglecting blogging altogether. But still, rather lame of me. I'm feeling listy this morning, so here's one for you fine folks, who probably care very little about this listingness:
1) Seattle made me happy. Drinks with Greg Friday night, dinners with Peter's family members, the cabin with Ami (and very briefly Greg), and then drinks with Beth Sunday night before we left. Thanks to everyone for making me feel so welcome.
2) The weather in Oakland right now is incredible. And I'm not even going to talk about climate change right now. Nope. I'm just going to continue the following: watching my rhubarb and gladiola leaves spike through the soil; biking with the dog at 7 p.m. in the 60 degree sunniness; hanging on the back porch in short sleeves at 10 p.m.; plotting mid-week trips to Baker Beach with the pup; continuing to feel the crazy pent up stress of the past three weeks wash off of me. Thanks, sunlight. You do wonders.
3) A Guerilla Cafe waffle with Leanne before work this morning. The Africano is served in a big shot glass and is yums. Blue Bottle Coffee rocks.
4) I am so thankful for Peter right now. I hope that doesn't sound too simpering or worshipful or weird, but it's simply true. He brings me to beautiful places (the cabin fucking rocked, even with my great body pains) and introduces me to lovely, wonderful people who think I'm not a complete kook. Plus, yeah, he's just Peter. I heart him.
5) Tea tree oil is good for nearly everything. Even if Peter claims it smells like gasoline. Which it does not.
6) Seeing an old high school friend who's been missing from your life for at least a decade and falling into a completely comfortable conversation immediately. That's cool. Plus she has a cute dog.
7) New boots (second pair in a week, I have a definite problem). Worn on an inappropriately warm day. With a short green skirt.
And now friends, a query: I feel utterly unmotivated to do anything for my birthday. Should I still attempt to pull together a Sunday night drinks affair at a local watering hole? I think that if I don't I will ultimately regret it. But I also feel as if eh, I can't really be bothered. Everything's been too crazy lately. But still.
I welcome your opinions.

3 Comments:
You should definately do something for your birthday. It's YOUR day after all :) so why not kick up a heel or two.
Thanks! I'm having a backyard brat cookout/picnic. It should be fun, especially since the weather's so amazing right now.
also, i'm totally loving your manuscript, and thanks for all of the amazing comments on mine!
Post a Comment
<< Home