Household Concerns

wherein the mundane is rendered magical.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

This hasn't happened in a really long time

but I really liked the bands last night at the Rickshaw. Definitely a weird combination of music, but still, lovely.

Like these guys: Bedouin Soundclash, from Toronto:


Those cute Canadians, making a consciousness-raising video about the history of Guyana.


I gave the bass player 2 free vodka and waters last night at the end of the night. I felt like giving people small doses of happiness last night. Damn reggae music. Maggie and I were like, "We love this band!" and Elly rolled her eyes and said, "Of course you do."




These guys brought down the house. I was slightly distracted by a very very pretty woman who seemed to be drunkenly hitting on me around this time (following me into the bathroom, stroking my arm, pulling me closer to her). I'm pretty sure she's a drinking bisexual. You know, she gets drunk, and she wants to make out with girls. She was rather adorable.

Anyway, Men, Women and Children. From NYC. Total dance party fantastic.



They were so much fun. At one point the lead singer made someone put on a construction hat with lights duct taped to it and have that person be the leader of the dance train. Sadly, the sax player's car was stolen from right outside the club. That is messed up. Afterwards the other band members were lamenting that this was their band's luck in general. Poor fellas. They really were sweet.

3 Comments:

At 4:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like that Guyana video.

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger freshpinkstyle said...

Agreed, there was a lot of talent and fun energy on that bill, though I didn't really "get" the Oohlas? There lead singer is sort of cute, but I didn't think she sounded so hot.

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Elka said...

elly likes her voice, like a breathy kim deal, she said. i don't necessarily think that's positive.

agreed. the ooh-las were my least favorite. i loved me some we are the fury, too! it was as if that lead singer had been raised on nothing but hedwig and queen videos. hawt! also, their drummer had only three fingers on each hand!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home