the attack of the dreaded lip monster
yes. I woke up this morning with a danghole coldsore. First one in over a year, at least. I was supposed to go to yogurt last night at the rock climbing gym, but i went to bed at 7.
While in bed I:
@ate chocolate covered pretzels because my bloodsugar was low
@ate chicken vegetable soup I made
@bittorrented the following: Project Runway, Veronica Mars, Ugly Betty
@watched: The Matador (damn that Pierce Brosnan I've always fancied him and he's even more dashing with his flubby skin and grey moustachio than he was twenty years ago in Remington Steele. I know this because after watching it I YouTubed R.S. and looked at P.B. and yes, he is cuter as a washed-up assassin).

Man, look at that hot moustache. It gives me the shivers.
@took Scrabble turns
@read Pretty Little Dirty, a trashy coming-of-age novel with courtesy installments of second-person one-page punk show reviews at the end of each chapter.

To, I suppose, show how far Celeste and Lisa, the two main characters have fallen? Or to give this book some street cred? Or...? I don't know. It's well written and tells essential girl stories: sleepover camp pubescent sexuality; body trauma; body envy; penises; punk bands; art school weirdos; trying to fit in; growing up....but something about this story doesn't quite ring true to me yet....
I am full of phlegm and dizziness. Yesterday I went to buy harness/climbing shoes/etc. and it was unbearable. Well, I bore it, but you know, I'd felt dizzy all day--for three hours yesterday I wasn't sure if I could keep looking at my computer at work without falling over. And then trying to thread my legs through climbing harnesses and trying on rock shoes and then trying them out on the dumb wall was not the most awesome time ever.
Tonight: More time in bed.
Awesome!

3 Comments:
danghole
which part is the danghole? the coldsore? i think i will call coldsores dangholes from now on.
I'm interested in this book you are talking about.
Post a Comment
<< Home