Household Concerns

wherein the mundane is rendered magical.

Sunday, November 26, 2006

PTED

Post-Thanksgiving Ennui Disorder.

Having run around like a wackadoodle for the past several days, I am now suddenly with little to do, and it's a bit bizarre. The Cy foster dog went back to Milo today, Michelle's back to Santa Barbara, it's raining, I'm making lentil soup, and it's chilly/cozy in the house. Weird.

I've decided to wait a year to apply to J-School, and feel things out longer. I don't want to jump into a graduate program as a reaction to sudden chaos in my life. I want to do it for the right reasons, and I have plenty of work to keep me busy at the moment. And I'm going to start teaching an after-school remedial reading and writing class in January, and I want to be open to that, and the idea of potential getting a teaching credential.

There is a meaty hambone boiling on the stove. For the lentil soup.

I've worked on 2 Kitchen Sink articles today, and have to finish my own. Listening to NPR livestream, Ozzie is staring at me because I'm not giving her any more ham bits. Thinking about calling the Turkish Fox. And putting on another sweater. I had a dream about a young man's increasing bald spot last night, which oddly left me with a warm fuzzy feeling in the dream. Should look up a good dinner roll recipe, to eat with lentil/hambone soup and also with ham/cranberry sauce sandwiches.

After all the cranberry planning I forgot to put it out at dinner. Silly me.

Here is the brussel sprouts recipe for Michelle (and anyone else who liked it)

Brussel Sprouts with Parmesan Crust

Make your own bread crumbs with stale bread. Set aside.

Steam brussel sprouts for about 8 minutes. Run under cold water.

Heat up a wok/cast iron skillet. Saute sprouts, add bread crumbs and fresh sage and basil.

Transfer to oven-safe bowl.

sprinkle top with grated parmesan and jarlsberg cheese.

Put in warm oven for 5 minutes to melt cheese.

Yum!



The PTED may also be called the SED: Sunday Ennui Disorder. Perhaps a result of never having any structure to Sundays as a child (due to lack of church-going Christian activities). Instead, the most we could count on was getting to chop and haul wood.

1 Comments:

At 12:50 PM, Blogger md said...

I had sooo much fun with you!!! You are the goddess of hosting! And fire!

Thanks for such an awesome thanksgiving holiday!!!

xoxoxo michelle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home