Jazzfest Fashion Dispatch

This girl was holding a plate of ribs and kept on nodding off every five seconds. She totally overshadowed the artist in the WWOZ Jazz Tent (see, I can't even remember who was playing). She'd wake up every now and then and try to eat her ribs with a spork, and then nod off again. By the way, that tattoo on the back of her neck is a fleur de lis with a scorpion inside of it.

This fashion-forward lady was part of the parasol parade, though she carried no parasol. But really, with a get-up as stunning as this one, why would you need one? She fascinated me. The next day she was back at the Economy Hall Tent, in a much more sedate outfit. Drat. I fell out of love.

Peter took these two tattoo pictures because I was a big shyface who was intimidated by the Louisiana rednecks. They were really stoked that he took their tattoo pictures. Check out that awesome goaty unicorn!!

According to Peter, this man's tattoo shows his family tree (which he drew), overseen by the "eye of God." I didn't know that in Louisiana God is a tiger? It makes sense.

This mommy had the best fro at the whole dang Jazzfest.

This guy even stood up to let me take his belt buckle's picture. Meaghan told me about the term "buckle bunny" after I showed her this picture.

Nothing about this outfit should work: the Chacos, the stretch-denim sundress, the Raggedy-Ann white-girl dreads. Yet it is undeniable: the overall effect is that of hotness. I am confused.

His shirt says G-Unit. Yes it does.

And these dudes? Well, the hat is remarkable, and they are an adorable couple, but nothing too fashion forward about either one. Which is a good thing.

8 Comments:
Bad idea tattoos are awesome. I need some of those.
I'm jealous. Get to Le Bon Temps Roule for a drink, an alligator po'boy & probably some great music. It's in the 4900 block of Magazine St. I think. Have a ball for me too. You lucky stiffs.
unfortch, we're already back, and i was under the weather the whole time so no drinking for me! peter made up for me, staying out until 5:30 a.m. saturday. we did have an awesome dinner at cochon, which just opened up about six months ago, and good po boys at parasol's.
So, you had fun even tho you were sick?
totally had fun. just wasn't able to go out until 6 a.m. like Peter, not that I would have done that anyway.
when do you go on your crazy adventure to the bottom of the earth?
Although I can probably guess, what's a buckle bunny?
we leave for the grand canyon on saturday!! and a buckle bunny's a rodeo groupie, as you may have guessed, tomas.
Post a Comment
<< Home